Registration is now open for the conference and we encourage you all to register at the earliest opportunity. Late registration (after September 1st will incur a late registration fee of an additional 20€)
You can register at this website: https://konsta.utu.fi/Default.aspx?tabid=88&tap=2380
A few things to keep in mind before you do so.
- be sure to have your credit card and other relevant details at hand before you begin the registration process as this might “time out” if you take too long to complete the forms.
- you may use the following cards when registering: Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro, Diners Club and JCB. Note that American Express is not accepted. Delegates with a Finnish bank account can pay directly using the Finnish online banking system (verkkopankit).
- if your credit card is not accepted, or if it is not possible for you to pay in one of the above ways, we would advise you to contact the conference secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about us sending you an international invoice for the registration fee.
- note that the registration form will send you automatic confirmation of registration even before payment has been made. Do remember, though, that this will not be considered formal registration (and therefore you will not be entitled to participate in the conference) unless we have evidence on our files that a transaction has taken place. You should receive a receipt for your records once the payment process is complete.
- be sure to complete all of the relevant sections of the form by correctly ticking the boxes that apply to you (minimalist music society member, non-member, and so on).
- be sure also to tick the box for the conference dinner on Thursday in Turku if you will be attending.
- note that student bursaries are still available from the Society for Minimalist Music for those of your who are not salaried staff members at a university and otherwise do not have the financial means to attend the conference.
We recently updated the conference website with details about travel and accommodation, among other things. Further updates are forthcoming.
Please read these pages carefully for advice on these matters.
Several delegates have asked about the best time to arrive and leave the conference. Our advice is to arrive in time for registration and the welcoming get together and concert on Wednesday evening, and to leave following the conclusion of the conference on Sunday at 12.30, allowing an hour for travel to the airport. Delegates attending the meeting of the Society for Minimalist Music will need to stick around until 2.30 pm.
Note that Wednesday and Thursday nights (23, 24) will be spent in Turku, and you should make your hotel reservations accordingly (taking advantage of the special rates at our list of recommended hotels if you wish). Friday and Saturday nights (25, 26) will be spent in Helsinki and you should make arrangements to stay in Helsinki on those nights. You can naturally do as you wish, but the easiest option for many of you might be to book a return flight to Helsinki and travel onwards to Turku from there with a single (one-way) ticket, either by train, bus or air. Further details can be found on the conference website. We will be organising bus transportation between the two conference sites (in Turku and Helsinki) on Friday evening and this is included in the registration fee.
Look out for updates about keynote presentations and presenters, the conference programme and the like. Keep in mind that a final version of the programme will only be available once registration is concluded early in September, although we should be able to sketch in times for sessions, keynotes, concerts, the conference dinner and other things quite soon.
Welcome, once again, to Turku and Helsinki. We’ll send additional updates in the weeks ahead. If you have any inquiries, please contact the conference secretary in the first instance (email@example.com).